Pages

Thursday 17 December 2015

Stamping: Sweets & Treats Stamp

Took out my favourite stamp today to try and practice new stamping technique. 

I used WPlus9 Sweets & Treats Stamp set for this project and my favourite Brilliance Pigment Ink Pad.
I used water colour paper as my base as I'm going to experiment how do both Alcohol marker and water colour pencil will react to the paper. 


The one on the left is obviously a failed one. I tried to add icing stamp directly on the cupcake but it turned out to be so weird-looking.

So I moved on and try again with another pattern and end up with the one on the right. Stacking a few melting ice-creams and since the left part looks a bit awkward if left empty, I fixed it by drawing another "ice-cream ball" with my artline200, pretending the heart stick shapes are sprinkles.

These were the easy ones. Using my favourite colouring medium - watercolour pencil and blend it with my water brush. It's easy and therapeutic!


I only used alcohol marker for the stacking cupcake and the rest with water colour pencil. The alcohol marker did not turn out well, it smeared and hard to control if you use on watercolour paper. I do not recommend unless you are confident in handling it. 

Still thinking what to do with these cute little cupcakes. Maybe another birthday box card? 


No comments:

Post a Comment